ASL303 ADVANCED ARABIC
Guidance College shall be one of the top well-recognized universities in the United States that offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in specialized Islamic fields aiming at preparing leaders for the righteous people.
Guidance College is the place where students gain their graduate and undergraduate degrees in authentic and professional specialized Islamic knowledge that recognizes modern-time realities and allows them to examine different branches of knowledge from an authentic Islamic perspective which enables them to think ethically, logically, analytically, and critically while making responsible and moral decisions aiming at improving the quality of life for all inhabitants of the earth with a full understanding and appreciation of the cultural and human differences.
In this course students will be introduced to how we change the root to the present tense and thin to command verb and how we use the pronouns foe first a, second and third, we will know why some times we see some words it is still the same meaning bit it is different Function with some changing in the case ending of the word . that means the same noun one time subject and one time object or possessive with different case ending, like : الرسولَ ، الرسولُ ، الرسولِ , or المسلمون ، المسلمين .
we study in this class rules of some prepositions .
Also we will see what is the different between the Adjective in Arabic and in English .
Finally when using one number but different gander one time masculine and one time feminine . like number seven here in two different verses ; (( إني أرى سَبْعَ بقرات )) (( لها سبعةُ أبواب ))
Course Code: ASL303
Credit hours: 2
Upon the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Students will be able to understand the different kinds of Arabic words, its categories and sub-categories. For example, they will learn that the verb is classified into past, present, future, and command. They will learn how to change the form of the verb from one form to another.
- Students will be able to put vowels on Arabic texts that do not have any vowels.
- Students will be able to use Arabic pronouns to make complete Arabic sentences.
- Students will be able to engage in dialogue to initiate social interactions, ask for basic information and say a few lines about themselves.
- Students will be able to use Arabic grammar to improve writing and conversation.
- Students will be able to understand and appreciate how the verses of the Quran are written.
- Students will develop critical thinking skills applicable to the use of the Arabic language.
- Students will be able to comprehend simple written texts on familiar topics.
- Students will be able to comprehend simple audio/video texts on familiar topics.
Important Note: Passing the oral test is a must for passing this course.
Lisaani – Arabic understanding by Dr. Muthanna Alkhaldi
Grading and Evaluation:
- Minimum passing grade 70%
- Weekly Assignments 25% (10 assignments, 2.5% each)
- Participation/Attendance 10%
- Mid-term Exam 15%
- Final Exam 25%
- Oral Exam 25%
- If sending emails directly to the lecturer, please include appropriate label in the subject line (Action Required/Info/Admin) and allow up to 3 working days for reply.
- Limit telephone communication with the Instructor to the office hours only.
- When leaving a voicemail, please clearly state your name, course code, and contact number.
Log in Instructions:
To attend live – online lectures (on their scheduled time):
Access the course on-line by logging into Online School, accessible from.
You will need a user name and password to:
- View the recorded lectures if you missed the live online ones.
- Interact with your teacher and classmates.
- Upload and submit your assignments, research papers, and exams.
- View your grades.
- All attempt must be made to submit assignments by the agreed due dates. Late submissions will be penalized.
- Your work will be checked and graded on weekly basis, in sha Allah.