Dr. Main is an experienced lecturer in Islamic Studies. In his teaching career, he has provided instruction and training to learners at schools as well as college level. He also served as an Imam of several Islamic centers throughout the United States and abroad. He is a speaker at regional and national conferences.
- PhD in Islamic Studies, 2005, specialization: Islamic Economic and Financial System.
- American Open University, Virginia, USA
- Master of Arts in Islamic Studies, 1996, Al-Yarmook University, Jordan.
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, 1991, Al-Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt
- Certificate of Qur’anic recitation (Ijazah) and memorization with an uninterrupted chain of correct readers that continues back to the Prophet Muhammad (prayers and peace be upon him.)
- ISO 9000 Certification.
Job Title History
- Assistant Director, Houston Quran Academy 2009-Present
- Assistant Professor, Sharia Academy 2009-Present
- Visiting Research Scholar, Islamic Dawah Center- Houston, TX 2008- 2010
- Member, Permanent FATWA Committee, Assembly of Muslim Jurists in America. 2004- Present
- Assistant professor, American Open University 2004- Present
- Assistant Professor, Islamic American University 2003-Present
- Imam, West Bank Muslim Association 2003 – 2005
- Imam, Islamic Society of Arlington 2001 – 2003
- Lecturer of Islamic Studies, Al-Ahsa Teachers College 1999 – 2000
- General Secretary, World Assembly of Muslim Youth 1999 – 1999
- Teacher of Islamic Studies, Darul Uloom Private School 1997 – 1999
- Teacher, Organization for the Memorization of the Qur’an 1997 – 1999
- Research Assistant, Al-Yarmook University 1996 – 1996
- Director, International Islamic Relief Organization 1994 – 1997
Publications (Research papers)
- “ The Zakah Expenditure: For the cause of Allah”. Journal of Saleh Kamil Center for Islamic Economics. Al-Azhar University. 2nd Year. 4th Issue. April 1998. (Joint Research)
- “Rulings of working in the field of financial services in the USA”. Journal of Saleh Kamil Center for Islamic Economics. Al-Azhar University. 40th Issue, January 2010.
- “Students Loans in the USA; its reality and rules”. Journal of Faculty of Languages and Translation. Al-Azhar University. 48th issue, July 2010
- “Status of women’s participation in political work”. Journal of Faculty of Sharia and Islamic Studies- Umm Al-Qura- Saudi Arabia. Issue (50) Rajab 1431 AH.
- ” Islamic Arbitration: Introduction & General Rules for Muslims Residing Outside the Muslim World”, Scientific Journal of King Faisal University (in progress)
- “Rulings of the Financial Policy in Islam”, PhD Dissertation. Publisher: A’alam Al-Kutub Alhadeeth, Irbid-Jordan. 1st edition, 2007.
- “Economic Security from an Islamic perspective” Masters Dissertation. Publisher: A’alam Al-Kutub Alhadeeth, Irbid-Jordan. 1st edition, 2007.
- Fluent and able to teach in English and Arabic. Good physical health and generally displaying a positive attitude.
- In his rich service to the community throughout his employment history Dr Qudah was involved in as well as initiated many of the following activities:
- Research work in Islamic studies focused on new challenges and contemporary issues.
- Disseminating religious knowledge to community members at all levels.
- Established Organizational conducive to impartment of knowledge.
- Teaches Qur’an memorization and recitation.
- Actively coordinating and participating in marital conflict resolution and counseling.
- Successfully organized and lead communities with diverse language and cultural background.
- Teaching of Arabic language to speakers of other languages to adults and children.
- Invited to and cares about issues in the Islamic Arena as well as a speaker at regional and national conferences.
- Analyzing and certifying Islamic Financial transactions as Sharia compliant.
Higher Education Courses Recently Taught in Present Positions
- Fiqh of Transactions
- Fiqh of worship
- Analytical Interpretation of Hadith
- Muslim Family Law
- Islamic Economic System
- Islamic Financial System
- Hadith Sciences
- Reasoning Analysis of Muslim Jurists Disagreements
- Quran Recitation and Memorization, basic, intermediate, and advanced level